Being a personal trainer Portland and someone who's learned through years of trial and error in my own fitness regimen I will state that foam rolling works and is important! If you exercise regularly but still have not functioned foam rolling into your routine you are not doing it correctly. Foam rolling is among the most helpful tools in any gym goer's disposal. It's effective in raising muscles range of motion, preventing muscle soreness and speeding up muscle recovery. It's not a mystery why foam rolling has become the most popular kind of self-myofascial release.
Things to perform
-Get to know the 3 main areas to rollup. The quadriceps, IT band, and thoracic spine.
-Don’t roll up the lumbar spine (lower back).
-Roll 4-7 days per week spent at least two minutes on each targeted muscle.
-Roll before and especially after every exercise.
-Roll at a slower rate. Speed isn't the name of the sport. Don't rush and if you discover a tender spot spend a while on it.
-Corrects muscle imbalances
-Reduces muscle soreness and accelerate recovery
-Increases range of motion in muscles and in joints.
One of the most common things I hear as a trainer is "I hate stretching" or even "Foam rolling strikes, I don't like it.". That has been my position on both foams extending and rolling in my first years of exercising. As soon as I got to the gym I needed to dip straight into the workout and skip all the boring things. My opinion changed over time as I accumulated injuries and my entire body began crying to it. I now understand how important that things is. All of the little things like stretching, rolling and corrective exercises are really what keep us moving. Without it, in this time, I could be in a wheelchair!
Fit-InMotion Personal Training
Most Recent Articles
- Mar 16, 2018 Professional Couples counseling Long Island Since 1977, Don't Wait Too Long! by AlphaPsychoTherapyCenter
- Feb 27, 2018 How to start pharma Export services bussiness by gm global
- Feb 14, 2018 Get Prime Quality Asthma care in a courteous and compassionate environment.. by drsniffles ny
- Feb 13, 2018 Cell Phone Safety By Eric Braverman MD by Eric Braverman
- Feb 9, 2018 Dr Braverman on Immune System by Eric Braverman
- Feb 6, 2018 Best Treatment Procedures for Maintaining Long Term Physical and Mental Health by threedwellness
- Feb 6, 2018 GABA Deficiency by Eric Braverman MD by Eric Braverman
- Feb 6, 2018 DRINKING ALCOHOL MAKES NUMBER OF SKIN PROBLEMS by Guest
- Feb 5, 2018 How landscaping companies prevent frozen pipes during cold weather by TenderCareLawnService
- Feb 2, 2018 Preventing Heart Attack and Stroke by Eric Braverman
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO