Knee pain is very common, particularly among more energetic people. As a personal training Portland, it's something I see often. If you have been lifting for any period of time there's a good chance you've experienced some type of knee pain. If you've you know how debilitating it can be in and outside the gym. I understand, I have dealt with it.
Injuries to the ligaments and cartilage
There are lots of causes of knee pain. I find that the most common source of knee pain is by inflammation of the patella tendon. The patella tendon runs from the patella (bottom of the kneecap) to the tibia (shinbone). The patella tendon affects the monitoring of the patella when your knee goes into flexion and extension. The patella is a small bone that runs beneath the patella tendon in a groove. When the patella tendon is not in its normal alignment with the entire leg, it can push on the patella which causes it to rub up from that groove. This causes pain and inflammation.
Well, guess what, this isn't an issue that originates in the knee. If you invest all of your time working on the knee you are not going to have the ability to fix the matter. It's an issue starting from either the hips or the ankles. When for any reason the leg is internally or externally rotated it pulls on the patella tendon which causes that pushing on the patella. The reason for somebody's legs internally or externally rotating usually comes from either tight hips or horizontal feet. Tight hips resulting in an external spinning while flat feet an inner rotation.
In this day in age, it's very common to see men and women with tight hips. It is common to find men and women tight all over! Sitting in a chair for an extended quantity of time on a regular basis is a great way to tighten muscles throughout the entire body. Especially around the hips which are what such a huge part of people do for work. Having desk job can take tolls on the body which we have only begun to comprehend. It's also a motive knee pain has come to be a larger issue.
If you wish to fix the issue, then sorting out imbalances in stiffness and strength in your hips may be the alternative. It might likewise be locating a more inviting insole that could give your foot a higher arch preventing that fall in the foot. Often we have to look elsewhere then the purpose of pain to repair an issue. The body is complicated and interconnected. A tight muscle somewhere can cause difficulties elsewhere where you had never thought. If this is the case, finding a physical therapist, or get into personal training to repair the issue may be an alternative.
Fit-InMotion Personal Training
Most Recent Articles
- Nov 22, 2017 Foods That Should Be Avoided Before Going to Sleep by Guest
- Nov 16, 2017 These 3 Supplements Could Protect You From the Effects of Radiation by Eric Braverman
- Nov 8, 2017 Fall Fitness Ideas From a Personal Trainer Portland by Guest
- Nov 8, 2017 Benefits of Adding Meditation To You Personal Training Portland Routine by Guest
- Nov 8, 2017 A Personal Trainer's Portland Guide to Foam Rolling by Guest
- Nov 8, 2017 From a Fitness Trainer Portland is Running or Biking Right For You? by Guest
- Nov 8, 2017 Running Stairs- A Fitness Trainer Portland Favorite Workout by Guest
- Nov 8, 2017 Getting Over Your Back Pain With a Fitness Trainer Portland by Guest
- Nov 8, 2017 Benefits of Adding Yoga to Your Personal Training Portland Routine by Guest
- Nov 8, 2017 Strength Training From a Personal Training Portland by Guest
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO