What is integration?
Integration is a part of calculus in which smaller components are grouped together to form a single system. Small slices of a line or arc are calculated in order to calculate the whole. The smaller the slices, the more accurate the value will be. An integral is the reverse of finding a derivative. Integration is just like filling up a large tank through a small tap. The input we get before integration will be the rate of flow from the tap. Now integrating the flow i.e. adding the little drops of water can determine the volume of the water in the tank.
How it is used to calculate arc length?
By using Integration we can very easily calculate the length of an arc. First we will divide the length of the curve into infinitely small parts. Then we figure out length of each small part and then add up all the small lengths. When we zoom and see a curve, its length seems to be the hypotenuse of a right angled triangle. So, by calculating the lengths of all hypotenuses from starting up to the finishing point we come to the actual length of the arc or curve.
Let us take the two sides of right angled triangle (obtained by zooming the curve) i.e. base and height as dx and dy. Then according to the Pythagoras Theorem, the length of hypotenuse is
The expression given inside this integral is simply the length of the representative hypotenuse of the right angled triangles.
Thus, we can see that through the use of integration we can easily calculate the length of curved surfaces. This is very essential for the civil and mechanical engineers. The construction of roads, their slopes and all difficult terrains can be handled with integration. In mechanical engineering integration forms an inseparable part of this discipline as it helps in designing tools and instruments needed in mechanics. All such assignments are being categorized under arc length Assignments. BookMyEssay can be your right partner for arc length Assignment Help.
BookMyEssay is a well known online professional assignment help provider. Based in Australia, it is the most popular assignment help among the students across the world. Calculus assignments and specially arc length assignments through integration are its best offers to the students of mathematics. Our writers are proficient in integration and provide world class arc length assignment help to the students. All this is available at very reasonable rates.
Most Recent Articles
- Mar 15, 2019 The Key Difference Between Marketing Research Qualitative and Quantitative by William John
- Mar 8, 2019 Follow These Smart Tips for Drafting Amazing Lab Report by Richard Lawrence
- Mar 6, 2019 Project Planning: Steps to Make a Successful Project Plan by Oliver Mark
- Mar 5, 2019 Taxation Law –Accurate Guidance to Run Business Smoothly in Business Market by James Jon
- Feb 21, 2019 PHP – One of the Preeminent Programming Languages with Best Software Available for Coding by Richard Lawrence
- Feb 19, 2019 Energy Engineering Course and Branches Of Its Master’s Program by William John
- Jan 10, 2019 Completed Guidance on Criminology Assignment Writing by William John
- Jan 3, 2019 Start-Up Secrets That Must Be Followed By Every Entrepreneur by Oliver Mark
- Dec 26, 2018 Role of Strategic Staffing Planning in Human Resource Management by Oliver Mark
- Dec 19, 2018 A Brief introduction to the Art and Architecture Assignment by Oliver Mark
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO