What is Meant by the term “Market Segmentation”?
This phrase is extensively used to define all the components compiling which marketing finds its base. When his term is used, many of us think about the behaviours, lifestyles, psychographics, nature, values, needs, and multivariate cluster analysis. All these aspects deliver the base to carry out market segmentation which is known as a broad concept. Simply defining, “market segmentation” indicates the process of subdividing a market into some of its resemblance, commonality, or relationship. It also hints about the attributes that the market members have in common. The motive behind market segmentation is to invest all the marketing energy and force to create a clear subdivision (of the existing segment) in order to secure a better place in the market as compared to the other competitors.
BookMyEssay is one of the most trusted and valuable sites that has a track record of serving students with its timely and quality assured marketing assignment help. students can avail best in class scholarly assistance at an affordable price even at the last minute.
What are the Major Types of Market Segmentations?
The section below gives a detailed explanation and describes different types of market segmentation. These are:
- Geographic Segmentation – As the name indicates, in this a company segment the market by invading any of the restricted geographic area. This can exist and can be presented in multiple forms such as north versus south, urban versus rural, warm versus cold, seacoasts versus interior, high elevation versus low-elevation among others).
- Distribution Segmentation – This clearly explains that a company can reach to any part of market by following different distribution channels. Such segmentation commonly prevails among small companies that assign each channel with a specific product to gain far-reaching distribution within that specific channel.
- Media Segmentation – This segmentation is rare but quite possible. This hints that different media channels can have better potential to tap customers of different nature. it is mostly employed by companies having great hold over media.
- Price Segmentation – Quite clear from the heading, such segmentation indicates the production of goods that fall within all price ranges i.e. less, medium and high for respective affordability. Companies need to develop substitutes that can have respective qualities so that it can easily afforded by the customers.
- Demographic Segmentation – This component among all types of market segmentation hints that sellers study the market and classifies the buyers with respect to their gender, housing type, age, income, and education level.
- Time Segmentation – Again a rare kind of segmentation, this hints that companies must make their businesses operate for extended / odd hours to cater to untimely / seasonal demands of buyers. A common example, is the opening of a departmental store at midnight to facilitate late shoppers at the time of Christmas, New Year etc.
- Occasion-Based Segmentation – This concept outlines the fact that different buyers have a tendency to respond and react to different products in a different manner at different occasions. A regular dinner is always different from a Thanksgiving dinner, so the need for food products will change on that occasion.
Apart from the above-listed segmentation, other types of market segmentations cater to special interest groups, different hobbies, political affiliation, religion among others.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 24, 2019 Score Good Marks in Project Management Subject with Help and Guidance of BookMyEssay Team by William John
- Apr 18, 2019 How to Get the Best Statistics Dissertation Writing Help Service? by William John
- Apr 1, 2019 Check Out the Information About All 23 Successful Male Boards Companies by Richard Lawrence
- Mar 27, 2019 7 Challenges Faced by Abroad Science Student by William John
- Mar 22, 2019 Academic Assignments – A Necessity in Education System by Oliver Mark
- Mar 15, 2019 The Key Difference Between Marketing Research Qualitative and Quantitative by William John
- Mar 8, 2019 Follow These Smart Tips for Drafting Amazing Lab Report by Richard Lawrence
- Mar 6, 2019 Project Planning: Steps to Make a Successful Project Plan by Oliver Mark
- Mar 5, 2019 Taxation Law –Accurate Guidance to Run Business Smoothly in Business Market by James Jon
- Feb 21, 2019 PHP – One of the Preeminent Programming Languages with Best Software Available for Coding by Richard Lawrence
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO