Brazing is a process which joins two or more metals by melting them and flowing another metal in the joint, known as filler metal, which has lower melting point in comparison to the adjoining metals. The filler metal used in the brazing process is referred to as braze alloys. The braze alloy is carefully chosen for an application based on certain criteria such as its ability to wet the metals that are to be joined, to withstand the required service conditions, and is required to melt below the melting temperature of the base metal, and at a lower temperature. The melting temperature of a braze alloy should generally be higher than 450 °C but not more than the melting temperature of the base metal. At its melting point, the braze alloy melts and distributes itself between the work pieces due to the capillary action. The braze alloys can be utilized in a number of forms such as paste, powder, tapes, foils and braze wires, and rods.
Read Report Overview @
Brazing process is different from soldering and welding processes. In soldering process, the melting temperature of the filler material is below 450 °C., while in welding process the metals melt together to form a strong bond between them. There are several techniques for carrying out a brazing operation such as furnace brazing, torch brazing, infrared brazing, dip brazing, induction brazing, etc.
By type of base metal for braze alloy, the braze alloy market can be segmented into gold, silver, copper, aluminum, and others. Gold-based braze alloys have exceptional wettability, corrosion resistance, and are suitable for applications having high service temperatures. Silver-based braze alloys have good electrical conductivity, are ductile and self-fluxing in nature. Copper-based braze alloys are commonly used for brazing alloy and carbon steels, nickel, copper nickel, and stainless-steel. They have excellent electrical and thermal conductivity and high corrosion resistance. Aluminum-based braze metals generally are utilized for brazing aluminum pieces. The others segment includes braze alloys based on other metals such as nickel and palladium.
Based on application, the braze alloy market can be classified into electrical and electronics, automotive, construction, and others. Brazed components find applications in large volumes in an extended range in the electrical and electronics industry. The automobile industry also uses brazed components for various purposes.
Based on region, the braze alloys market can be segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is predicted to lead the market during the forecast period, primarily due to the rise in industries using braze alloys in the region, especially in the developing countries such as India and China. This is estimated to drive the demand for braze alloys in the region. Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a substantial pace during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. With the regions attaining maturity in braze alloy, the market is anticipated to expand slowly during the forecast period. The U.S. is expected to constitute the lion’s share of the braze market in North America.
Some of the major companies operating in the braze alloy market are Saldobrase, Prince Izant Company, Johnson Matthey, Bellman-Melcor LLC, Lucas-Milhaupt, Inc., Oerlikon Metco, Morgan Advanced Materials plc, Saru Silver Alloy Private Limited, VBC Group, LINBRAZE S.r.l., and Indian Solder And Braze Alloys.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 12, 2019 Introducing POPCANN:Tech-driven, prefabricated Cannabis stores disrupting mainstream retail approach by Popcann
- Jul 24, 2019 It’s a Cannabis Store in a Box with POPCANNs. by Popcann
- Jul 23, 2019 Results-Driven Social Media Marketing Services. by Buzzy Branding
- Jul 12, 2019 Polyether Polyols Market to Witness a Pronounce Growth During 2018 to 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Forging Market Estimated to Experience a Hike in Growth by 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Chemical Vapor Deposition Market to receive overwhelming hike in Revenues by 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Refrigeration Oil Market New Business Opportunities and Investment Research Report 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Solder Balls Market Competitive Dynamics and Global Industry Outlook 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Sodium Lignosulfonate Market Industrial Forecast On Global Industry Analysis and Trends till 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Automotive Foams Market Predicted to Rise at a Lucrative CAGR throughout 2018 to 2026 by Pratiksha M
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO