Isopropyl alcohol or 2-propanol is an isomer of 1-propanol. It is a colorless liquid with disinfectant properties. Isopropyl alcohol is a volatile, colorless liquid with sharp musty odor. It has slightly bitter or burning taste. It emits acrid smoke and fumes when heated to decomposition. The chemical formula of isopropyl alcohol is C3H8O. It is used for various purposes at home. It is also employed in different industrial processes and pharmaceutical applications. Various products that are used in homes and hospitals contain isopropyl alcohol. The most common product that contains isopropanol is rubbing alcohol, containing 70% isopropanol or ethanol. Isopropyl alcohol is present in antiseptic wipes and hand sanitizers that can disinfect minor cuts and wounds. It is used in the manufacture of a wide variety of industrial and household chemicals. It is also a common ingredient in chemicals such as antiseptics, detergents, and disinfectants.
Read Report Overview @
The isopropyl alcohol market is anticipated to expand owing to its wide range of applications in diverse industries. However, oversupply exists in the isopropyl alcohol market. Therefore, the market is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Based on grade, the isopropyl alcohol market can be segmented into industrial/technical grade, cosmetic grade, and pharmaceutical grade. Industrial/technical is the widely used grade in the isopropyl alcohol market.
In terms of application, the isopropyl alcohol market can be divided into solvent, cleaning agent, intermediate, coating solvent, and others. Isopropyl alcohol dissolves a wide range of non-polar compounds. It also evaporates quickly and leaves negligible oil traces compared to ethanol. It is relatively non-toxic compared to other solvents. Thus, isopropyl alcohol is used extensively as a solvent and cleaning fluid, specifically for dissolving oils.
Based on end-use industry, the isopropyl alcohol market can be segregated into pharmaceutical, food & beverages, paints & coatings, personal care & cosmetics, and chemical. Isopropanol is used in soaps and lotions as an antiseptic. In the food & beverages industry, it is used for the extraction and purification of natural products, such as vegetable and animal oils and fats, gums resins, waxes, colors, flavorings, alkaloids, vitamins, kelp and alginates. It is also used as carrier solvent in the production of food products.
Global Isopropyl Alcohol Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of geography, the isopropyl alcohol market can be split into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa (MEA). North America and Europe are key regions of the isopropyl alcohol market in terms of value. Asia Pacific is a rapidly growing region of the isopropyl alcohol market. The isopropyl alcohol market in Latin America and MEA is anticipated to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period.
Key players operating in the isopropyl alcohol market are Exxon Mobil Corporation, The Dow Chemical Company, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Clariant AG, Mitsui Chemicals Inc., Perrigo Company plc, China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, LyondellBasell Industries N.V., INEOS Enterprises, LG Chem, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, and Deepak Fertilisers and Petrochemicals Corporation Limited.
Most Recent Articles
- May 23, 2019 Industrial Filtration Market to Witness Widespread Expansion by 2026 by Priyanka Thakare
- May 23, 2019 Mechanical Tubing Market to Perceive Substantial Growth by the End 2026 by Priyanka Thakare
- May 23, 2019 Cocamine Dioxide Market Opportunity Assessment and Forecast up to 2025 by Priyanka Thakare
- May 23, 2019 Calcium Peroxide Market to Garner Brimming Revenues by 2026 by Priyanka Thakare
- May 23, 2019 Green and Bio Polyols Market Projected to Gain Significant Value by 2026 by Priyanka Thakare
- May 23, 2019 Polycrystalline Silicon Market to Flourish with an Impressive CAGR by 2024 by Priyanka Thakare
- May 23, 2019 Missile Composites Market Projected to Witness Vigorous Expansion by 2026 by Priyanka Thakare
- May 23, 2019 Global Structural Adhesives Market to Reach US$ 16,962.1 Mn by 2026 by Priyanka Thakare
- May 23, 2019 Ammonium Phosphate Market to Observe Strong Development by 2025 by Priyanka Thakare
- May 23, 2019 Powder Injection Molding (PIM) Market To Record Sturdy Growth by 2024 by Priyanka Thakare
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO