When designing for our Hamptons Interior Design and Long Island Interior Design projects, we love to take into account the personality of our clients and the location of their homes. Incorporating the exterior beauty surrounding the home into the design of its interior is a wonderful way to create an environment fit for its owner! One of our favorite projects to date was the interior decorating of a home set by the sea! Loving the beautiful beaches and blue waters of Long Island as much as wedo here at Marilyn H. Rose Interiors, we couldn’t wait to “dive in” to this design !
To set the tone for the theme of our design, we started by framing the home’s entry with two tiered shelves accented with a selection of seashells in various shapes and sizes collected by our clients, giving it a personal look. The symmetry created by using these two shelves helps to elicit feelings of calm and balance within the space much like the beautiful blue water of the sea.
We carried these natural hues into the home’s kitchen using a pale blue upholstery fabric on all of the seating, as well as utilizing a neutral color palette in the patterned fabric selected for the kitchen’s window treatment and cabinetry. We kept the walls and flooring light while creating contrast by using darker woods on the kitchen chairs and island. This again creates the sense of “balance” we previously spoke about!It was important to us to keep the window treatment above the big kitchen windows simple, as to not distract from the beauty already existing outside. Here’s a closer look:
One of our favorite rooms to design was the home’s living room. We had so much fun creating and accessorizing the beautiful built-in wall unit. We filled the shelves with our client’s lovely collection of archipelago bird statues mixed with a selection of seashells and books!
To personalize the piece to fit our client’s personality and laid-back lifestyle, we had a fun wave motif carved into the millwork across the top of the fireplace, as well as a shell motif. As the saying goes, “make it simple, but significant” .Small details can have a big impact on a project’s design!
We used mosaic tiles to create a wave motif in the home’s bathroom as well!
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 16, 2019 EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING CAMPAIGNS: TOP MISTAKES TO AVOID by Big Digital
- Apr 8, 2019 Different Dress Styles for Prom Night! by Prom Dress
- Apr 3, 2019 Why You Need Pro Landscape Management Lake Charles for Springtime Tree Care by TenderCareLawnService
- Mar 20, 2019 THE PROS AND CONS OF OUTDOOR SIGNAGE RENTALS by Big Digital
- Mar 20, 2019 Village Line Auto Body - Auto Body Repair in Amityville, NY by Village Line Auto Body
- Mar 18, 2019 Check Out Our Biggest Tax Break Event Ever! by JenniferFurniture NY
- Mar 15, 2019 Online Shopping of Trendy Prom Dresses by Prom Dress
- Mar 15, 2019 Best Flowering Shrubs for Spring and Summer for your Landscaping in Lake Charles by TenderCareLawnService
- Mar 12, 2019 Using Pre and Post Emergent Weed Killers for Lawn Care in Lake Charles by TenderCareLawnService
- Feb 28, 2019 Using Pre and Post Emergent Weed Killers for Lawn Care in Lake Charles by TenderCareLawnService
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO