Back in May, we had the honor of participating in the Shades of Rose Fundraiser presented by Stark and Scalamandré, benefitting the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. As we mentioned in our previous blog post, Komen Greater NYC focuses on innovative programs “that provide patient navigation/case management for screening and treatment, and support programs that provide crucial support services including transportation, financial assistance, meals for patients and their families, legal assistance and programs that eliminate barriers to clinical trials. Komen Greater NYC also invests in health systems for comprehensive health insurance, funds for low cost and free breast care, and the creation of equipped multi-modal breast care facilities”. (www.komennyc.org)
The fight against Breast Cancer is one that is near and dear to our hearts, and we couldn’t have been more excited to design an item for auction to help fundraise for this amazing organization! 25 talented Interior Designers created designs for the event ranging from furniture pieces to fashion items, all exemplifying the fun spirit of Interior Design Long Island. We saw so many perfect pieces to use in a Hamptons Interior Design or NYC Apartment Interior Design project as well! We chose to venture out into the world of wearable fashion for the night! Here’s what we designed!
With the help of our workroom, and the talented Roe Agnese Gardner, we created this beautiful evening wrap and matching clutch! We thought it was the perfect choice for the elegant Scalamandré fabric we selected from the Stark Designer’s Luncheon. A big “Thank You!” to Fabricut for donating a lovely liner fabric to match, and Samuel & Son’s for donating one of their fabulous trims! It was such a fun and exciting process to see our design transition from concept to execution! We’re in love with how it turned out! Tell us what you think! Would you pair these items with your favorite little black dress?
For a little extra added sparkle, we pinned our wrap using this stunning St. John’s brooch!
The evening was as beautiful as the designs. The auction was hosted by Storage Wars’ John Luke and the gorgeous Elisa DiStefano of News 12 Long Island, and the entire Stark Showroom was transformed into a stunning night club illuminated in pink! The beautiful and brave Ann Caruso was honored at the event. It was a privilege to hear her share her story of triumph as a two-time cancer survivor. Her positivity and spirit radiated throughout the room!
It was a night filled with inspiration and love, and we are grateful to Stark and Scalamandré for asking us to be a part of it. We had a wonderful time! To learn more about the Susan G. Komen Foundation and their fundraising efforts, visit: ww5.komen.org
Marilyn Rose -Trusted and professional Hamptons and Long Island Interior Design firms NYC. She is experienced interior designer and specialized in single room, grand estate, pied-a-terres, sleek contemporary apartments and traditionally classic estates.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 12, 2019 Introducing POPCANN:Tech-driven, prefabricated Cannabis stores disrupting mainstream retail approach by Popcann
- Jul 24, 2019 It’s a Cannabis Store in a Box with POPCANNs. by Popcann
- Jul 23, 2019 Results-Driven Social Media Marketing Services. by Buzzy Branding
- Jul 12, 2019 Polyether Polyols Market to Witness a Pronounce Growth During 2018 to 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Forging Market Estimated to Experience a Hike in Growth by 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Chemical Vapor Deposition Market to receive overwhelming hike in Revenues by 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Refrigeration Oil Market New Business Opportunities and Investment Research Report 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Solder Balls Market Competitive Dynamics and Global Industry Outlook 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Sodium Lignosulfonate Market Industrial Forecast On Global Industry Analysis and Trends till 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Automotive Foams Market Predicted to Rise at a Lucrative CAGR throughout 2018 to 2026 by Pratiksha M
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO