Stepping away from the Interior Design of Long Island NY, I had the wonderful experience of visiting the beautiful Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, during a once in a lifetime trip to Morocco with my dear friend, Dawn! The Jardin Majorelle is an extraordinary garden that was once home to iconic designer, Yves Saint Laurent, who lived in the vividly blue building located on the premises. It is also the location of the beautiful Berber Museum he created, showcasing the stunning costumes and jewelry of the Berber culture. Berber women traditionally wore silver jewelry of great size and weight, a symbol of wealth gifted by their husbands at the time of marriage. The elaborate pieces are absolute works of art! Below is a look inside the Berber Museum and all of its beauty.
From the architecture to the fashion, inspiration was all around us. Arches, such as the one pictured below, are characteristic of Moroccan architecture, and are used on almost every door, entrance, and window! Doors are oversized and decorative?—?look at all of those carved metal details! Dawn and I couldn’t help but strike a pose in front of such a beautiful backdrop! How stunning are the jeweled tones used in the intricate ceramic mosaics?
I absolutely fell in love with the beauty of this country, and can’t wait to add flairs of Moroccan influence to future design projects! From fabrics, to wall coverings, adopting the colors and textures of Morocco add personality and fun. A perfect fit for any Hamptons Interior Design project! Traveling is a wonderful source of inspiration for me, and one of my greatest passions. I’ve recounted many of my experiences in my very own “Travels with Marilyn” editorials in House Magazine. Check the “Travels” section of our website for a collection of past travel diaries, and stay tuned to find out where I’m headed next!
Much to my surprise, I returned home from my trip to find a new Moroccan inspired wallpaper book from Cole & Son’s sitting in the office! I think they captured the spirit of Morocco perfectly, don’t you?
Marilyn Rose -Trusted and professional Hamptons and Long Island Interior Design firms NYC. She is experienced interior designer and specialized in single room, grand estate, pied-a-terres, sleek contemporary apartments and traditionally classic estates.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 18, 2018 Why Hire Lawn care Services To Apply Fertilizer and Chemicals in Your Lawn by TenderCareLawnService
- Sep 11, 2018 “Fall” in Love … by Marilyn Rose
- Sep 7, 2018 Why landscaping companies prefer mulching over bagging by TenderCareLawnService
- Sep 3, 2018 Shades of Rosé: Part Two by Marilyn Rose
- Sep 3, 2018 Best Cubic Zirconia Rings are bought to be cherished for a Lifetime by Jewel Online
- Aug 30, 2018 Why Landscaping Companies Recommend Plants Native To Your Area by TenderCareLawnService
- Aug 24, 2018 Best Cubic Zirconia Rings are bought to be cherished for a Lifetime by Guest
- Aug 23, 2018 Learn why technology should be important to a lawn care company by TenderCareLawnService
- Aug 21, 2018 Be Smart and Choose the Best Zirconia Wedding Ring by Jewel Online
- Aug 21, 2018 CHIC IN THE CITY by Marilyn Rose
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO