Stepping away from the Interior Design of Long Island NY, I had the wonderful experience of visiting the beautiful Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, during a once in a lifetime trip to Morocco with my dear friend, Dawn! The Jardin Majorelle is an extraordinary garden that was once home to iconic designer, Yves Saint Laurent, who lived in the vividly blue building located on the premises. It is also the location of the beautiful Berber Museum he created, showcasing the stunning costumes and jewelry of the Berber culture. Berber women traditionally wore silver jewelry of great size and weight, a symbol of wealth gifted by their husbands at the time of marriage. The elaborate pieces are absolute works of art! Below is a look inside the Berber Museum and all of its beauty.
From the architecture to the fashion, inspiration was all around us. Arches, such as the one pictured below, are characteristic of Moroccan architecture, and are used on almost every door, entrance, and window! Doors are oversized and decorative?—?look at all of those carved metal details! Dawn and I couldn’t help but strike a pose in front of such a beautiful backdrop! How stunning are the jeweled tones used in the intricate ceramic mosaics?
I absolutely fell in love with the beauty of this country, and can’t wait to add flairs of Moroccan influence to future design projects! From fabrics, to wall coverings, adopting the colors and textures of Morocco add personality and fun. A perfect fit for any Hamptons Interior Design project! Traveling is a wonderful source of inspiration for me, and one of my greatest passions. I’ve recounted many of my experiences in my very own “Travels with Marilyn” editorials in House Magazine. Check the “Travels” section of our website for a collection of past travel diaries, and stay tuned to find out where I’m headed next!
Much to my surprise, I returned home from my trip to find a new Moroccan inspired wallpaper book from Cole & Son’s sitting in the office! I think they captured the spirit of Morocco perfectly, don’t you?
Marilyn Rose -Trusted and professional Hamptons and Long Island Interior Design firms NYC. She is experienced interior designer and specialized in single room, grand estate, pied-a-terres, sleek contemporary apartments and traditionally classic estates.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 12, 2019 Introducing POPCANN:Tech-driven, prefabricated Cannabis stores disrupting mainstream retail approach by Popcann
- Jul 24, 2019 It’s a Cannabis Store in a Box with POPCANNs. by Popcann
- Jul 23, 2019 Results-Driven Social Media Marketing Services. by Buzzy Branding
- Jul 12, 2019 Polyether Polyols Market to Witness a Pronounce Growth During 2018 to 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Forging Market Estimated to Experience a Hike in Growth by 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Chemical Vapor Deposition Market to receive overwhelming hike in Revenues by 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Refrigeration Oil Market New Business Opportunities and Investment Research Report 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Solder Balls Market Competitive Dynamics and Global Industry Outlook 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Sodium Lignosulfonate Market Industrial Forecast On Global Industry Analysis and Trends till 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Automotive Foams Market Predicted to Rise at a Lucrative CAGR throughout 2018 to 2026 by Pratiksha M
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO