The source of inspiration for our Hamptons Interior Design and NYC Apartment Interior Design projects usually comes from a playful pattern, a paint color, or a fun piece of furniture.
For our most recent project – one very close to my heart – the inspiration came from a beautiful art piece, gifted to me (and created by!) my daughter, and glass artist, Marlene Rose.
The piece, a Buddha sculpture made of hand-poured cast glass, inspired the redesign of my home’s family room!
To carry the beautiful hues of chartreuse and cobalt blue around the room, I selected a variety of fabrics to re-upholster, and bring new life to my existing pieces – a sofa, bench, and two swivel chairs.
I chose to mix various textures and prints to create visual interest, and selected an overall neutral palette to elicit feelings of calm and serenity – much like the Buddha! The piece also inspired the selection of a fresh new area rug and paint color, as well as wallpaper in the adjacent breakfast room and kitchen.
I chose a fun chevron pattern to reupholster my breakfast room chairs, and unify the two spaces. While there are still some final decisions to be made, here are a few sneak peeks of what I’ve selected so far!
In order for the art piece to serve as the focal point of the room, I chose to display it front and center on the re-designed mantle of my fireplace. I decided to extend the mantle to support the size and weight of the sculpture, and added built-in spot lights to illuminate its beautifully colored glass! As the walls in my family room are quite high, I am also searching for a fun, decorative mirror to hang above.
Mirrors are a great way to accessorize a space, as their reflective quality adds light and expands a room. Finishing touches for the room will include new window treatments, decorative pillows, and accessories!
Stay tuned for future updates! I can’t wait to share the progress with you!
A special Thank You to my daughter, Marlene, for creating such a stunning piece!
To see more of Marlene’s work,
visit her website at: http://marlenerose.com/
– and be sure to return to our blog to see more of the design process, and of course – the final reveal!
Marilyn Rose -Trusted and professional Hamptons and Long Island Interior Design firms NYC. She is experienced interior designer and specialized in single room, grand estate, pied-a-terres, sleek contemporary apartments and traditionally classic estates.
Most Recent Articles
- Mar 18, 2019 Check Out Our Biggest Tax Break Event Ever! by JenniferFurniture NY
- Mar 15, 2019 Online Shopping of Trendy Prom Dresses by Prom Dress
- Mar 15, 2019 Best Flowering Shrubs for Spring and Summer for your Landscaping in Lake Charles by TenderCareLawnService
- Mar 12, 2019 Using Pre and Post Emergent Weed Killers for Lawn Care in Lake Charles by TenderCareLawnService
- Feb 28, 2019 Using Pre and Post Emergent Weed Killers for Lawn Care in Lake Charles by TenderCareLawnService
- Feb 21, 2019 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT PROJECTION MAPPING EVENTS by Big Digital
- Feb 8, 2019 Tested and Proven Lawn Drainage Solutions That Work For a Long Time by TenderCareLawnService
- Jan 31, 2019 RudSak- The Canadian Outerwear Brand by Rud Sak
- Jan 30, 2019 DIFFERENT TYPES OF OUTDOOR SIGNAGE by Big Digital
- Jan 18, 2019 Pro Tips for Spring Preparation from Lawn and Landscaping Companies by TenderCareLawnService
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO