Anderson Materials Evaluation, Inc. has worked with many law firms, forensic engineering firms, and insurance companies to assess risk management issues and to assist in technical litigation issues involving materials and their properties.
AME has worked on numerous cases involving evaluations of corrosion and other failures in building water systems, air conditioning systems, and sprinkler systems. We have investigated the etching of window glass by concrete and stonework cleaning compounds. We have analyzed the chemical destruction of a concrete and stone facades, the corrosion of metal facades and window and door frames, the fire retardants in cedar roofing shakes, the causes of water penetration of mortars and asphalt-based and other sealants. We proved conclusively that damage to plate glass windows was caused by welding splatter. We determined that high atrium plate glass windows had shattered due to microscopic inclusions of nickel sulfide.
We proved that the manufacturer accused of producing a noxious odor-producing foam material was not in fact the manufacturer of the odoriferous foam. We proved that a camouflage suit had not been treated with fire retardants as was claimed. We determined that eye glasses that were claimed to have safety glass lenses did not. We determined the cause of massive corrosion in an aluminum swimming pool ladder that caused a personal injury to assist five companies involved in various aspects of its manufacture and use to determine how to apportion the costs of a court injury award among themselves. The problem was a sulfuric anodization process that could not subsequently be exposed to an environment with high chlorine concentrations.
We determined the cause of failure for aluminum alloy welds in a dump truck. We measured the static coefficient of friction of a coating applied on a swimming pool deck and showed that it provided high traction even when wet due to a high surface roughness on three size scales, contrary to a plaintiff’s claims that it was slippery when wet.
We proved that poor quality controls of an adhesive widely used to adhere laminate to cabinetry was responsible for many adhesive failures due to separation of adhesive ingredients and crystallization of the resin with ageing.
- Anderson, Coe & King, LLP
- Bacon, Thornton & Palmer, LLP
- Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP
- Crosswhite, McKenna, Limbrick & Sinclair, LLP
- Digney York Associates, LLC
- Finkelstein & Goldman, P.C.
- John J. Fausti & Associates, LLC
- Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Knapp, Ohl & Green
- Lakin & Lakin
- Law Offices of Joel B. Albert, P.C.
- Merchant & Gould
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Robol Law Office, LLC
- Rogin Nassau LLC
- Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck, P.C.
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Semmes, Bowen & Semmes
- Steven J. Tegrar
- Shuman McCusky & Slicer, PLLC Sullivan & Cromwell LLP • Timothy Guy Smith, P.C.
- Tuggle Duggins P.A.
- Venable, Baetjer, Howard & Civiletti, LLP
- Watt, Tieder, Hoffar & Fitzgerald, LLP
- Westerman, Hattori, Daniels & Adrian, LLP
Forensic & Problem-Solving Engineering Firms:
- Building Dynamics, LLC
- Building Engineering-Consultants, Inc.
- Building Exterior Solutions, LLC
- Chesapeake Consultant Group Criterium-Yingst Engineers, Inc.
- Datanet Engineering
- Delta Engineering & Inspection, Inc.
- Engineering and Technical Consultants, Inc.
- Environmental Consultants and Contractors Inc.
- Forensic Analysis & Engineering Corp.
- Forensic Analysis & Engineering Corp.
- Forensic Engineering Inc.
- Forensic Metallurgy Associates Inc.
- Hoffmann & Feige, Inc.
- Kenney Engineering LLC
- KTA-Tator, Inc.
- McIntyre & Associates LLC
- Metal Fatigue Solutions, Inc.
- Rolf Jensen and Associates, Inc.
- Rothfuss Engineering Co.
- C. Herman & Associates, Inc.
- Sperko Engineering Services, Inc.
- Spears/Votta and Associates, Inc.
- Tadjer-Cohen-Edelson Assoc., Inc.
- Trident Engineering Associates, Inc.
- Whitlock Dalrymple Poston & Associates Inc.
- Whitney Bailey Cox & Magnani, LLC
- Broadspire, a Crawford Co.
- Essex Insurance Co. of Markel Corp.
- Erie Insurance Group
- Travelers Indemnity Co.
- Windsor Mount Joy Mutual Insurance Co.
Author : AndersonMaterials
Contact us :
Anderson Materials Evaluation, Inc.
9051 Red Branch Road, Suite C, Columbia, MD 21045
Ph: (410) 740-8562
Toll Free: (866) 350-8882
Fax: (410) 740-8201
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 18, 2018 What Lawn Care and Landscaping Companies Advise about Watering In the Fall by TenderCareLawnService
- Sep 26, 2018 Grass Cutting Services And Other Fall Services For Your Lawn And Garden by TenderCareLawnService
- Sep 18, 2018 Why Hire Lawn care Services To Apply Fertilizer and Chemicals in Your Lawn by TenderCareLawnService
- Sep 11, 2018 “Fall” in Love … by Marilyn Rose
- Sep 7, 2018 Why landscaping companies prefer mulching over bagging by TenderCareLawnService
- Sep 3, 2018 Shades of Rosé: Part Two by Marilyn Rose
- Sep 3, 2018 Best Cubic Zirconia Rings are bought to be cherished for a Lifetime by Jewel Online
- Aug 31, 2018 Magnificent Morocco! by Marilyn Rose
- Aug 30, 2018 Why Landscaping Companies Recommend Plants Native To Your Area by TenderCareLawnService
- Aug 24, 2018 Best Cubic Zirconia Rings are bought to be cherished for a Lifetime by Guest
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO