It is widley accepted that one of the best places to sell your unwanted items, or to start a business selling is eBay or a lesser extent, Gumtree.
Before I go any further, I know a lot of people that can't stand how eBay operates it's business and with that in mind they switch to Gumtree, well eBay purchased Gumtree a few years back in 2005. eBay also owns PayPal although they are run as seperate businesses.
So what other options are there for people that wnat to sell things onlinne, promote a business or service?
Local directory sites are sometimes useful for generating walk-in traffic for a local high street store or tradesman. These sorts of sites unless well promoted themselves often have few visitors and whilst useful for a local business may not really be of any use for selling goods or unwanted items online.
A Press Release.
Ideal for promoting a new website, product or service, not any use for classifieds or local business lead generation. Unless a massive launch is planned, can also be costly and time consuming.
Classified Ads Sites.
I believe that Classified ads sites are the gem of online advertising. Just think for a moment and ask why eBay purchased Gumtree? Gumtree in the UK alone was getting 14 million hits a month. FreeAds.co.uk , KaboodleClassifieds.com and now the new on the scene , SimplyFreeAds.com, all offer a similar if not better experience than Gumtree.
Where classified sites differer from eBay is that they allow the user to post free classified ads, these can be for items for sale, business services, property, or whatever the advertiser likes, providing it is legal of course. There is no cost involved and thousands of people can get to see your items, business or service.
Most classified ads websites will allow users to post featured ads, for a small fee, that sit at the top of other listings.
Some classified ads site are focused on a specific region or country and others are Glabal. The fact that they are free to use means that you can post your advert on more than one site at no extra cost.
For me I can't recommend them enough. I have promoted my best friends dog walking business on SimplyFreeAds.com, and FreeAds.co.uk and her phone has not stopped rininging. As with all sites you do have to weed out the idiot replies but that is unavoidable these days.
So my advice is, hit the classifieds and sell your stuff for free.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 12, 2019 Introducing POPCANN:Tech-driven, prefabricated Cannabis stores disrupting mainstream retail approach by Popcann
- Jul 24, 2019 It’s a Cannabis Store in a Box with POPCANNs. by Popcann
- Jul 23, 2019 Results-Driven Social Media Marketing Services. by Buzzy Branding
- Jul 12, 2019 Polyether Polyols Market to Witness a Pronounce Growth During 2018 to 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Forging Market Estimated to Experience a Hike in Growth by 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Chemical Vapor Deposition Market to receive overwhelming hike in Revenues by 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Refrigeration Oil Market New Business Opportunities and Investment Research Report 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Solder Balls Market Competitive Dynamics and Global Industry Outlook 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Sodium Lignosulfonate Market Industrial Forecast On Global Industry Analysis and Trends till 2026 by Pratiksha M
- Jul 12, 2019 Automotive Foams Market Predicted to Rise at a Lucrative CAGR throughout 2018 to 2026 by Pratiksha M
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO