You know him for his "huge" car sales, but Fuccillo Automotive Group owner Billy Fuccillo is known to one Florida war veteran as something of a savior.
Gordon Page, an 85-year-old Korean War Veteran, made news last week when his home where he and his wife care for three other vets was flooded, WIVB-TVreported.
Billy Fuccillo saw the story, felt a connection to Page, and decided to help by pledging to pay for almost all of the repairs required.
"My dad's 92 now, so I know a little about what went on way back, especially with war veterans," Fuccillo told WFLA-TV in Florida, where he owns several dealerships.
In total, Billy Fuccillo wrote a check for $30,000. $25,000 of that came out of his own pocket, and $5,000 came from donations by Fuccillo employees.
"Before you put your head on the pillow at night, it's always good to make sure you do the right thing for people," Fuccillo said. "The Lord has blessed me. I say my prayers every night. He's letting me live a dream."
Fuccillo presented the check to Susan Draves earlier this week at his dealership in Wesley Chapel. Draves is helping coordinate the donations and repair work at Page's home.
"It's amazing that he was so generous and so thoughtful and really cares," said Draves, who also thanked Fuccillo's employees.
The bill is nearly $15,000 so far, but a number of people have turned out to offer money, services, furniture and other donations. Draves set up a GoFundMeaccount where anyone can donate.
Page and his wife are overwhelmed and grateful towards Fuccillo and everyone else who has supported them since the flood.
"We cry. We cry," Page told WFLA. "To have a stranger to help, is wonderful."
Most Recent Articles
- Nov 30, 2018 Huge promotion floats customers boats by Billy Fuccillo
- Oct 18, 2018 Billy Fuccillo parts ways with general manager Xavier Villarreal by Billy Fuccillo
- Sep 27, 2018 Billy Fuccillo, known for 'huge' radio spots for his car dealerships, locked in cyberpiracy battle by Billy Fuccillo
- Apr 25, 2018 Huge promotion floats customers boats by Billy Fuccillo
- Mar 28, 2018 Renovate, Reinstate, and Repair Your Vehicles!! by LimoBusTruckFleet
- Feb 21, 2018 Heavy Vehicles Repair Service Is No More a Headache by LimoBusTruckFleet
- Jan 22, 2018 Fuccillo Kia hires new pitch woman by Billy Fuccillo
- Nov 13, 2017 Fuccillo seeking ‘Caroline’ replacement: Is it gonna be you, SWFL? by Billy Fuccillo
- Oct 31, 2017 A Day in the Life of Billy Fuccillo by Billy Fuccillo
- Sep 27, 2017 Why Preventive Maintenance Is Necessary For Limo Fleet by LimoBusTruckFleet
Colposcopy is a procedure that allows a physician to examine a woman's cervix and vagina using a special microscope called a colposcope. It is...
Personal fitness is one of the growing concerns of present times. Fitness is not only about reaching your optimum body weight, but it's about...
The other day my car started making a clunking noise, it had been on the drive for about a year. After further investigation I discovered the coil...
Another recipe thanks to the Good Cooking Club.com See the bootom of the recipe for the link to the site. Sometimes it is nice to cook your own...
Boost Your SEO